Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Monster Affirmation Cards


I have my creative inspiration back!  I get in such lows with it and it gets so depressing but I had a spurt recently and I feel very inspired.  Let's hope it lasts until I can get all my ideas out! 

I have created another set of affirmation cards and I am even more proud of these... I think because it truly reflects feelings and emotions that people are really go through in life!  I created a little monster that you see in different situations trying to make the best of each one with the positive affirmation on the card.  They are not in the shop yet but I hope to have them up as soon as possible! I shot this photo on a whim last night with that inspired feeling I was having and wrote a little something that correlates with it: 
I realize, now as I grown older, how little self-worth I had while growing up.  I wish I would have known that bullies are not worth the time and stress to worry about, that the mean college ex-boyfriend was just that and I should have walked away so much sooner and that I would be okay when my best friends decided to leave my life.  Those people broke my identity down and completely crushed me.  I needed to realize that I was worth more than what I was putting myself through but sometimes it’s so hard to feel that worth.  I wish I would have known that people come and go quickly and that I would have a few close friends that will forever be so special to me.  I also wish that I knew that life isn’t always going to work out the way that you want it to and that it’s up to me to choose how to react to it.  Life is hard.  It really is.  The things that you never think will happen to you… well they can happen.  BUT … life isn’t about looking back and feeling bad about the past or wishing that it was different and think about what you can’t change.  Life is about letting those shit circumstances form who you are in a positive way.  You are the one who chooses how to move forward in life so choose the path that you would be proud to take.  I refer to my positive self-worth as magic because, by having it, it has helped me accomplish things I never thought that I would.  I truly think we all have magic inside of us.  We just have to access it by reaching into ourselves and pulling it out.  I created my affirmation cards as reminders of that magic.  The monster on the cards is a representation of our dark and sad feelings  trying to find the light, the good and the happiness in life.  I can’t wait to get these on the site but I do have a few ideas I want to try to make happen before I officially put them on the shop! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the photo! 

Below is a photo of the back of the card I designed.  I really was so happy with how it turned out! 
Here's a sneak peak of some of the cards!  There are going to be 31 total with an instruction card so you can pull one everyday for a month if you like!
Thank you and until next time <3 

Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment