Monday, March 7, 2016

Update Post.



So! We are booked to go to Iceland for our honeymoon! 
WOOOOHOOOO!


     I have been to Iceland once before and did a lot of touristy things but Brian has never been there.  It’s my favorite place I've ever seen and it truly has a feeling of being on a different planet.  I am so so glad that he will get to experience it! I just hope he loves it as much as I do.  If he doesn't - I will have married a mad man. 

     We are leaving the day after our wedding and will be there for 6 days (I wish we could have done longer. Truth be told, wish we could travel the ring road around Iceland and stay for 9 days…but I have to realize how lucky we are to be able to go and I am very happy that we even get 6 days there!) 

This is a photo of me in Iceland in September of 2011.  I love horses, tho the look on my face says otherwise....
 let's take a closer look....
 I actually grew up around horses and love to horseback ride.  These horses are so unique too. I could talk about them for pages and pages so I will just post a link so you can understand just how amazing they really are.  Read more about them here.     
Also, I'm just gonna stick this here too. LOVED this. LOVED IT! 

 

    I also got to visit the famous Blue Lagoon! It truly was beautiful with the ice blue water and the black volcanic landscape... Dreamy.  I was a bit disappointed when I recently read an article talking about the blue lagoon and how you now have to book in advance and that the prices went up and how it's all really not that great.  I also read in the same article about another lagoon.  The secret lagoon... We may end up doing both when we are there but I would really like to see the secret lagoon.  It's a natural hot spring and not as touristy as the blue lagoon is.  The Secret Lagoon is about an hour and a half from our hotel and we may take a day trip to do it while we have our rental car.  
     I want to do different things than the first time I went and I am trying to write up a great itinerary for it.  I will post it once I'm done and our wedding/honeymoon is over.  Life has been so so so busy. In a good way.  
     While working on our itinerary, I came across a write up about Gljúfrabúi Waterfall.  It's hidden and not on the "beaten path."  This is going to be one of our many stops for us when we travel from Reykjavik to the small town, Vik. 

Um- talk about something right out of a fairytale.  I can not wait! 

     Well my mind is on overdrive today and I'm planning on exercising when I get home, eating some dinner and working on wedding/honeymoon related things.


     We are also trying the P90x3 challenge.  30 min daily - ass kicking- workouts.  We are not really doing the whole Shakeology stuff but we are working out. Everyday.  We are on week three (it's a 90 day challenge) and I was not able to do a single push up when I started.  Three weeks later and I am doing 5 push ups!  REAL pushups!  I'm not losing weight yet but that may be from inflammation of my muscles.  I'm also really trying to start changing my diet up.  No pop, a lot of water and I'm going to try to cut out a lot of snacks and such.  I don't really believe in depriving myself of EVERYTHING but I do believe in doing it in a fun, healthy manner.  It's nice to work out together.  We also took before photos and took our measurements.  I want to keep this up for as long as we can.  After a while, we can also throw in biking (yay!!! my new bike!), doggie walking and running since the weather will be getting nicer.  I feel like the next 6 months are going to fly and the wedding is going to be here before we know it.  Thanks for reading guys! I know it was a kind of random update, but hey, it's an update! <3 

Kisses, <3
 Shannon



     


No comments:

Post a Comment