Monday, August 13, 2018

10 Mile Hike at Hell's Hollow

So I got this bright idea that I wanted to do an extreme hike- like a competition hike- a 30 mile hike...
                   Brian, who is a little more realistic than I am, decided we should take a hike near our home so we could get some miles towards thechallenges we entered for the year and to see just how far we could make it. 
 
Good thing we did cause it's FREAKING HARD!  We hiked about 10 miles and we were feeling it big time. I do have to say that it was hot and extremely humid but we hiked for 4 straight hours.  There is a time limit on the 30 mile hikes which you have to complete within 12 hours.  So that means you have to do at least 2.5 miles every hour to finish on time.  We did 10 miles in 4 hours which was great, but I honestly don't know if I could keep up that pace for 30 miles.  I know it seems like it's a slow pace to keep but when you are hiking up hills and over tree branches and on slippery paths, it's not. 
 
So- we decided to enter into the 15 mile competition in October!  https://sites.google.com/site/greenmonstertrailchallengepa/
 
The only problem is it's a 4 hour drive so we may camp out the night before and then head back home after the hike.  I'm pretty excited!
 
I also have to add that I'm pretty damn proud of us hiking the 10miles.  My legs felt it and I came home and napped afterwards but we did it! :) And we did it together! <3
 
I didn't take many photos of our hike since we were on a time limit but here are a few and then my screen shots from my Fitbit for the day! Most steps I've gotten in one day! WOO HOO!




No comments:

Post a Comment