Monday, November 16, 2015

Stove-top Simmers

   
   

      As you know if you have been reading my blog, we bought our house last January.  It's coming up on that one year mark and we haven't killed each other yet! We are thrilled! 

     Seriously tho- it will be our first Christmas in our home and I wanted to start some fun traditions and be sure not to get too caught up in my to-do list that is miles.... MILES long.  

I decided that one of my favorite things about the holidays is the smells.  They are so comforting and special and remind me of so many good memories!  I know Brian feels the same way!  

I read some recipes online today on how to take certain ingredients, put them in a cute jar and give them as gifts!  You can attach instructions on how to make the wonderful smells happen (basically just add water to cover). How cute!? I may have to throw some together! Check it out here

    I wanted to try my own concoction, so I took what I already had at home and tried it out.  It was amazing.  Brian doesn't always comment on things and most of the time I have to pry it out of him if he really likes something or not but he even said how good our house smelled without me asking anything!

     I took a branch of our rosemary, that I will try to keep alive indoors this winter (that will be a challenge), a cinnamon stick and two to three orange slices.  I also added a few drops of vanilla extract and I put enough water in the sauce pan until it covered everything and then let is simmer for an hour or so.  

I CAN NOT WAIT to try some other ingredients! If you end up trying it out, let me know what you came up with,or if you already do it at home and what your favorites are!  


Orange Slices, Rosemary and a Cinnamon Stick

 add water to cover 


Let simmer on low

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment