Monday, November 9, 2015

What Makes Us Human - Overwhelmed






o·ver·whelm
ˌōvərˈ(h)welm/
verb
past tense: overwhelmed; past participle: overwhelmed
  1. bury or drown beneath a huge mass.
    "the water flowed through to overwhelm the whole dam and the village beneath"
    synonyms:swampsubmergeengulfburydelugefloodinundate
    "advancing sand dunes could overwhelm the village"
    • defeat completely.
      "his teams overwhelmed their opponents"
      synonyms:defeat (utterly/heavily), trouncerout, beat (hollow), conquervanquish,be victorious over, triumph over, worstovercomeoverthrowcrush;More
    • give too much of a thing to (someone); inundate.
      "they were overwhelmed by farewell messages"
     Hello There. New Photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously forced myself to do this. LIFE HAS BEEN INSANE. I WANT to take photos but .... it's been the last on my list for some time.  I hate it.  Things have been insanely busy... or ...maybe I am distracting myself from other things in my life.  My job offered me an advancement and then they took it away (due to the law and hearing aid dispensing licensing) but DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST! It was awful.  I knew how much I COULD be making and how I'd have my own office.... It's been bad. I think I may drown myself in other things so that I can have some sort of control where other aspects of my life are whirling out of control.... 

     Anyways- this photo is suppose to represent the feeling of being overwhelmed.  I loved the colors of our tree outside and made Brian help me with the camera AND smoke bombs on Sunday.  We both smelled so awful afterwards and I immediately remembered why I hate working with smoke bombs SO MUCH! Plus, we live on a hill and we get wind like crazy so the smoke bomb would be going in the direction we needed, then all of a sudden it would go away from the camera.  It was a challenge, I had a small tantrum and I honestly thought I wasted a bunch of time gluing leaves to my face and hiding from the neighbors as they drove by.  I did force myself to edit it and try my best and I am really happy with the outcome! I HAVE TO STOP BEING SO HARD ON MYSELF.  

     I have not done a happy "what makes us human" photo yet but I will get there when I can truly feel the emotion I'm trying to convey.  This one I really was feeling at the time.  I hope you guys enjoy.  I think some friends and I are going to do another art show in a little over a year... I hope.  I will be doing the "What Makes Us Human" theme and I hope to use some other models in them as well.  I'd love to put together a book ... hmmm - Ideas rolling.

Life can be overwhelming a lot of the time I'm learning, but you just have to slow down. Force yourself to.  Force yourself to do something you love instead of sitting on it because of "other things going on." Trust me- if you make time, slow down and keep doing the things you love- life won't seem so overwhelming ;) 

<3 

Anywho- I hope you like this. 
Here are some outtakes and behing the scenes for your viewing laughter- I mean, pleasure. 
( I actually almost used the one above as the final photo- I just really liked it)
Yeah- DON'T HOLD SMOKE BOMBS IN YOUR HANDS- NOT SMART - Yes, I'm saying it's dangerous.



Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment