Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Day 3- Sorta of the Golden Circle

Today was a slower day for us.  We were so sore from hiking all day yesterday so we decided to sleep in and scrap the secret lagoon today.  I wasn't so upset about it because I was just not in the mood to go swimming.  We decided to do part of the golden circle tour instead of pay for the guided tour since today was the last day with our car.  We slept in and took our time getting ready while we snacked on our foods that we picked up from the grocery store.  We then hopped in our little Yaris and were on our way to our first stop - Þingvellir National Park! This is the coolest part since we are standing in between the Eurasian and North American Tectonic plates! The plates pull apart and you literally are standing in between the two- almost nowhere land! SO NEAT!  I have a thing about buying things in Iceland.  I don't want to buy something like a gift or souvenir in Iceland (or anywhere for that matter) if it was made in China.  I want things that are made in Iceland or by Icelanders.  I found these "monsters" that were made of recycled material by an Icelander and I kept seeing them.  I saw them when we went to the national park and I had to get one.  More money than I wanted to spend but I fell in love with him and had to take him home.  I may even get one more!  We explored the park and took tones of photos- it was so beautiful!  The weather wasn't too bad either but you could see rain moving in.  We ventured on and realized we were running low on time so we would go see Geysir and grab a bite to eat and skip Gullfoss. We were a bit disappointed but a good meal besides snacking was much needed and we needed to have the car back in time.  We ventured around the Geysir took photos and it smelled like rotten eggs- so worth it though!  The water was around 80-100 degrees Celsius and so cool to see. We went to go into the tourist stop to eat and pee but the line was so long for the potties and the food seemed so pricey we decided to head to the hotel and find a place to eat after we dropped off the car.  The hour ride back to the hotel was so hard since we were both so tired and it was raining and gloomy but we made it back to the hotel to grab the map to where we needed to drop off our rental. I did make Brian pull over since there were some horses really close to the road.  We got out and crossed the road and Brian made instant friends.  He was feeding them grass over the fence and three or four the horses ran right up to him!  They were AMAZING. I love those horses! <3 ahhh my heart!!! When we finally got back to the hotel I was so sleepy we ended up laying down for an hour before heading out to drop off our Yaris before 8pm.  We dropped off the car, thankfully without any incidents, and walked to a seafood restaurant to eat.   We had a few glasses of wine and beer with our food and walked back to the hotel to top off the night with one more drink and relax in the lounge! I am now sitting in our hotel room- a bit tipsy and REALLY tired.  Today was awesome and we had a ton of fun! We have no idea what we are doing tomorrow since we are out of a car and we were going to do the Golden Circle but accomplished some of it today.  So we will figure it out as we go - just way I like it- maybe shopping and relax on hiking for a day.  I do have a funny story.  I saw more monsters after dinner in a store window and we were trying to see how much they were- we were looking all around when we realized we were looking in a store called " the Penis Store"... yep- there were Penis candles, belts, socks... yes socks.... it was so funny that we were looking in there for so long, I think we laughed the whole walk home!
Today was a good day- NO! - Today was a GREAT day! I'm sorry but I'm so tired I can't even document all the little details of today!!  I also wanted to document where we ate but I forgot to get a receipt and I can't remember the name of it.  I do have to add- the currency here is crazy.  It's 1,5200 Krona for a glass of wine... It truly gets confusing.  We are finally understanding it! So sad it's Weds- wish we had another week or so here... ;)

Hopefully the weather will clear up and we can spot some Northern Lights! <3 I LOVE it here so much! It feels so natural.  Nightttt Alll! Thanks for reading!





This part was a little creepy- this is the drowning pool where they would drown people- mostly women accused of witchcraft of sleeping around. They would tie them in a sack and drop them into the cold water and well- hold them under- SO screwed up but party of their history.  We both kind of stood there in silence for a little... it was reallllllly creepy being there!



This is KaKa my new Monster friend (pictured above) we got the name after Brian used the porta potty and I described how I felt about porta potties... Anyways- isn't he awesome! They are so cool and  unique- totally going in my creepy doll collection!






























1 comment:

  1. Omega submitted match towards Costco and also the replica watches sale situation may be operating it's method with the legal courts going back 10 years. The actual Best Courtroom dominated in support of rolex replica sale however later on overruled by itself. The situation after that visited the government is attractive courtroom which passed down the judgment towards breitling replica uk this particular 7 days. Based on the choice, “Omega’s to manage importation as well as submission associated with it's copyrighted replica watches uk Planet run out next sanctioned very first purchase [abroad], as well as Costco’s following purchase from the fake breitling didn't amount to copyright laws violation. ”. Will this particular imply we are able to be rolex replica prepared to observe much more discount rates upon luxurious wrist watches through Costco along with other stores?

    ReplyDelete