Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Upcycling my childhood dresser

This dresser is as old as I am... 34 years old. Woah. It's seen its better days and has moved with me everywhere I have lived... it needed this ... it wanted this...

Chalk paint is a miracle. I am so happy that you don't have to sand to paint.  I took off the hardware, cleaned it off as good as I could with soap and water, let it dry and started painting.  Two coats is all it took and BAM! It's like new.  I didn't change the hardware out because I like it.  I like how old and warn it looks, so I'm keeping it.  I wish I would have taken photo during the process and a better before (the before was from a long time ago) but I never think of it until I've already started and am half way through the project... 

Welp, here are the results :) 

Before                                                                                    After




Yippee DIY! ...and Yippee chalk paint! 

No comments:

Post a Comment