Saturday, June 3, 2017

Do what makes you happy...


Starting out the post with a song I've been rocking out to- yes, it's a cover and I think they did amazing!



     It's nice to have time off of work to blog and take photos.  It's amazing how much a job, working for someone else, takes up so MUCH time! Since I had a few days off, my Mom and I made plans to spend a day together! I love her so much, she is always willing to do and try new things and have some fun!  I took her kayaking for the first time two years ago and we haven't been able to go since but she absolutely loved it!  She was mad that I made her do it at first but once we rented the boat and got out on the lake, she wanted to do it again!  We finally got around to going again and we had Lunch at Over the Bar and then rented our kayak.  We saw so many Blue Heron's and had a lovely time- an hour rental is truly not enough!  We then walked around North Park (I've been spending more time there now than I did when I lived in walking distance of it) and explored the Go Ape course they have set up there.   I think my Mom wants to try it but is a little nervous about the heights.  Maybe, just maybe, I can get her to try it sometime!  

So - here is our day in photos: 

Chance being angry that I was leaving him on my day off... if I could have taken him kayaking I would have!  
Eating at Over the Bar
Needed Fuel. 
It's so beautiful to eat by the lake and it wasn't crowded yet!
Best BLT EVER with eggs and avocado! 


The weather was PERFECT!
I mean, come on! 

She's so happy! <3
One of the Blue Herons- I only brought my point-n-shoot and we got pretty close but this was one of those times I had wished I packed my better camera. 


My Mom exploring the Go Ape course- the photo above shows all the tree obstacles - if you look closely, you will be able to see them!
 I really lucked out with an amazing family.  My mom is so much fun! I didn't want my time off of work to end, I've been so productive...but...back to reality 
See you all in the next post! 


No comments:

Post a Comment