Thursday, June 22, 2017

Happy Summer Soltice

Well, Happy Summer- It's official!  This makes me both happy and sad.  I'm sure that you know why this makes me happy- the sun, warm/hot days, cool nights, fireflies, bonfires... and sad due to the fact that the days are going to start getting shorter now.   I celebrated by having a small bonfire, a glass of wine and enjoying the extra long twilight before the last rays of the sun brushed the tops of the darkening clouds with a soft white glow.
For some reason, summer nights just bring me back to childhood when we would spend our days at the lake (about 1.5hrs north of us) and stay at our cottage.  We would play games with all of our friends and run around outside for hours.  We couldn't get enough of "night games" and telling ghost stories and sometimes... even went skinny dipping!
Anyways- enough nostalgia - Happy Summer Everyone!
 
(P.S. I included photos of Chance and Bear since they had a play date yesterday at Brian's sisters house.  She already has three dogs so they were all having a blast - it was like a mini dog party.  Bear is a little shy at first as you can see in the background of the group photo but did eventually open up throughout the day.  It takes him a while to get comfortable with new situations/people/other dogs. She was able to send me photo updates and I just couldn't get enough! They were so tired and happy last night and that made me so happy! We can't wait for the next play date.)
 




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment