Saturday, September 16, 2017

1 Year

     A year went by already! HOW?! It truly went so fast and it defiantly had it's ups and downs. They say the first year of marriage is the hardest and I have to say, yes, yes it is.   That does not, in anyway, mean it was bad but it does hold new challenges that you have to learn to work together on.  We came out so much stronger.  I am so head-over-heals in love with this man.  He is my world, truly.  
     So to celebrate one year we ventured up to our wedding venue about 45 mins north of us.  They were setting up for a wedding so we hiked some of the trails.  I surprised him by starting a tradition for us - I took a nice box and placed our vows in there along with a few our favorite photos from our wedding.  I added our "Mr." and "Mrs." shot glasses and our Brennivin airplane bottle of liquor from our honeymoon that we were saving for our Anniversary.  I also put in our vow stone that we used on our wedding day.  We found a spot in the woods, sat down on the ground and opened the box together. He really loved it.  We snapped a few Polaroids to put in there for next year, downed the shot, read our vows to each other and enjoyed our photos then closed it up for next year - this is such a nice tradition to start and I'm excited to add photos each year and maybe try some new shots together!  



After Succop we went to Moraine State Park to bike and have a picnic.  I made all the food the night before so we could pack up the cooler in the morning, put our bikes on the car and get on our way bright and early!  Once we got to Moraine we hopped on our bikes and got about 6 miles in before I had an issue with one of my bike tires so we decided that it was time to find a place to eat.  
Yes, that thing was huge... ew.

So we found our picnic spot after driving up the road a few minutes.  We laid the blanket down and enjoyed each others company.  It was so nice to just STOP and enjoy without anything else going on.


 Ya for some reason I am holding the fork between my knees, I think I didn't want to set it down. Haha, I'm so weird! 

 So, once we got home we hung out with the dogs, ate some dinner together and then brought out the top of our wedding cake to eat.  It was actually pretty good still! We had a few bites and then threw it away- I felt bad for throwing that whole cake out but I don't think you're really suppose to eat the whole thing after a year in the freezer. 


 Since we share our Anniversary with my parents, I decided to make them a gift this year.  I saw a painting like this on Etsy but they wanted 70$ for it and I decided to try to paint something similar myself.  I was so proud of this!  Chance liked it too, he insisted on being in the photo! I put their wedding date and initials in the heart on the three- they hung it up in their living room- it made me so happy! 
  

So- here's to our one year and my parent's 41st!  :)

Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment