Monday, September 25, 2017

Clarity.

"Recognizing that people's reactions don't belong to you is the only sane way to create. If people enjoy what you've created, terrific. If people ignore what you've created, too bad. If people misunderstand what you've created, don't sweat it. And what if people absolutely hate what you've created? What if people attack you with savage vitriol, and insult your intelligence, and malign your motives, and drag your good name through the mud? Just smile sweetly and suggest - as politely as you possibly can - that they go make their own fucking art. Then stubbornly continue making yours"-Elizabeth Gilbert (Big Magic)

I was on the fence about this photo.  I really had a hard time even posting it.  But since I have been reading Big Magic, something in me has been inspired.  I swear, read the book.  I beg it of you! I have taken way too long to get through it but I have been taking notes on the pages and re-reading the same paragraph over and over and folding pages over as reminders to go back and read them again.  I am just obsessed.  READ IT!

This was also taken when we were on our vacation at Conneaut Lake.  I can't say it's my favorite but it's something (in Big Magic, it states that putting something out there is better than putting nothing out there).  I suddenly have so many ideas flooding into my head for new photos that I can't wait to dive in.  I felt a little standstill for a month or so.  
This is my next photo (#4) in the oracle series.  "Clarity" is to represent clearing of the mind and getting your head out of the clouds.  I hope you enjoy it!  I've been having a hard time with life lately so expect more photos - I have to create when there is chaos in my life- it's my way of staying sane (and control something) ;)



Before and After


 

Also- here are some behind the scenes of Chance NOT wanting to participate at all! He was not interested in the camera one bit that day ;) Side note: I don't know what I would do without my dog.  He's so very special to me.  I just love him so!



Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment