Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Fire Inside


     THE FIRE INSIDE


     So- I suffer from OCD and the more things I can not control in my life, the more I try to control other things in my life.  I try to make up for things things that are out of my hands.  I am overly terrified of germs ( I work in an ENT office, directly with hearing aids) I develop irrational fears and I have panic attacks through out the day.  I am really trying to overcome this on my own and it's very difficult. Some people that I feel should be there more for me are leaving me hanging.  I wanted this photo to signify all the fire I have inside of me, the want to live a normal life.  I wanted the flames in my hands to be the little part of my life that I can control and the fire in the background to be all the things that are literally out of my hands. 
I sure hope that made sense. 
<3
This will go in the gallery in January! I am too excited for it! I hope anyone that is in Pittsburgh will come see the works of art that me and some other girls from my college, Edinoboro will be putting together for the show! Counting down to my first gallery and I can NOT wait! xo



     I think this may go into my Evermore series of dreams.  Evermore is a place for ideas and dreams to come to life through photography!  You can check it out on my website- I am totally going in a different direction than I thought- I wanted Evermore to be a make believe world but to be honest, it was too much for me to get everything together- I still hope to have some shots of models and such but I want Evermore to overall be a place of surrealism. 

P.S.- The gallery date for the opening is the 11th of January, 2014 at the North Hills Art Center on Babcock Blvd! - I will post more details closer to the Event!

Website / Facebook / Flickr

Before and After: 


     This was right before I was editing the background, gotta love how goofy it looks: 


 annnndddd..... a fun, I didn't know I took this, photo!

     It's so funny what your imagination, a little bit of time and some determination will get you!  I have always wanted a way to convey my feelings through art and even though photography can drive me NUTS (seriously, it can really drive me crazy); I love it and I love when I get a photo I'm proud of! I hope you guys enjoy!  Keep up with whatever you want in life, even if life gets too busy- don't give up what you love- I am learning that as I go and take it from me, I need my photography- even if my blog took longer to write than me going out back to shoot this photo! lmao! <3
Enjoy the outtakes! ;) 






No comments:

Post a Comment