Monday, January 13, 2014

Let It Snow

     This photo was kept a secret and only people who came to the gallery got the "first look."  There was a person who I was once very close with that told me this was his favorite one I have ever shot! It now has a very special meaning to me. He told me that I have to put myself out there and go for my dreams. I miss him. I'm going to try to take his advice.
So- here it is- I'm going to start from the before and work my way down to the final photo!

It started like this:

Simple and I loved the lighting and the bit of my shoulder that was out of focus...I really wanted this to be up close and detailed. The above is the complete before, unedited, SOOC photo!

It then turned to this because I wanted to try the "double exposure" technique...
I didn't love it. I liked it. It was okay? I didn't love it- couldn't go in the show....

So - I started over and got this: 
Let It Snow

     SO HAPPY WITH IT!  It's amazing how you can take the same photo and get two totally different end products out of it!
     It ended up in the show as well! My Dad and I searched for a frame in his "art room," - my old bedroom, and he found a sliver frame with a white mat!  (He has so many frames and mats he could be a Michael s Craft store! haha! What would I do without him!?) We framed it and it turned out amazing! Seeing your work in print, framed and matted is so worth it! It is worth paying the money for the prints! It's the final step to your work, or at least I feel this way!

     This one was going in the show! I finally had my 6th and final print for the gallery!
Which I will post about the gallery next!  It was perfect and I am so grateful for my parents that really knew how important it was to me and they really went above and beyond and tied all the details together that I would have missed...food, wine, coffee, frames, prints, title cards... you name it, they helped me with it. - My Mom and Dad are my heroes- they really know how to make a girl feel special! <3 I love you guys! THANK YOU!
If you live close by- the photos are there for two weeks - North Hills Art Center on Babcock Blvd!  


No comments:

Post a Comment