Monday, January 13, 2014

United by Art

North Hills Art Center
January 11th, 2014

UNITED BY ART


     

I had/have the best support system through my entire ride since I got asked to be a part of this gallery. It seems like such a small dream, but it was a dream and I DID IT! I however, could not have done it without my Mom, Dad and boyfriend! I cried, screamed, gave up a few times but got through it.  I forced the best out of myself which may have not been the best for me or my art but it happened!

     My mom- baked cookies, helped with food, packaged up so many things that I would have forgotten to take and helped with so much! She listened to me cry and even bitch about how I want to quit.  She supported me and told me to keep going and that it will all work out and it did- I should know by now that my mom is always right!!

      My Dad - picking up food from the store, finding me frames and mats and helping me type up what I needed for displays and even helped with my photos when I had no ideas.  He helped me with the gallery wire and showed me how to frame photos the proper way!  I know that he will always give me his honest opinion and it's just one more thing I love about him!

My parents KNEW how important this was to me!

     I also need to thank my boyfriend Brian for putting up with the mood swings and for helping me load everything into the car and unloading it and for standing out in the cold while I had him hold everything while I stood in the snow to take photos.

     I don't know what I'd do without these people!

      The artists that were in the show were all so talented and everyone's are was so different and unique, I felt honored to be a part of it! Plus, I made some new friends out of it and got to talk to people who like what I like!  I am so happy they invited me to be a part of the day!

      EVERYONE ELSE WHO CAME TO SUPPORT ME! I love you all- you are the best best best! To take the time out to support my passion is all anyone could ever ask for and I thank you a million times over! Plus I got to see some faces I haven't seen in some time which made my day! Thanks to you guys- our turn out was awesome! <3

     To everyone that couldn't make it but still supports me- THANK YOU! Without you guys, I would be lost- even the support you give me online does so much! <3

and to all of you that think my work sucks- ^#&$ YOU! Justtttt kidding. not really. ;)


     I love the feeling of prints and people actually enjoying my work - I wanted to hang a sign that I am not a narcissist. I think people got the point after I explained that I can't hire models and pay them and my free time after working all day for a Drs. Office is slim to none for photos, so I shoot when I can and usually I only have me, the doggie or my boyfriend at all times that I would need them! <3

     Anyways - another accomplishment in life but only thanks to everyone who supports me. Without you guys- I would not have come this far and would have given up a long time ago. THANK YOU for helping make my dreams come true! So- what new adventure awaits me next?! Whose with me?!

So- Time for photos of the gallery!

Art By: Ryan Shilley


Art By: Kate Cullen

Art By: Melissa Sines
Art By: Jenny Sines

Art By: Amy McKee



 I'm a dork...
 My Little Corner that I love! <3
 Our Food!  - we had wine too!
Our comment book!

 Ryan, Amy, Kate, Shannon, Melissa and Jenny!
 SO MUCH FUN! <3


I found this upstairs in the gallery and fell in LOVE! I think I can say yes to all 10! I gotta work on that!<3

And our turn out was great




Above Three Photos from Melissa Sines




I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH. I really truly can't. I love you all! 

If you couldn't make it to the opening- our art is there for TWO WEEKS! You can go down to view it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment