Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Butterfly Effect

If you have never heard of the butterfly effect, please click the link above and read about it. 
but·ter·fly ef·fect
noun
  1. 1.
    (with reference to chaos theory) the phenomenon whereby a minute localized change in a complex system can have large effects elsewhere.



      I shot twice today. The first shoot my boyfriend was kind enough to ride down to north park with me, I'll explain at the end of the post...
The second shoot was last minute and turned out much better. It was a bit dark down there but it turned out just as I pictured it.  I has a dry spell lately because of the pressure of the gallery coming in January.  I guess I could use old photos but I really wanted some new ones!
       I went into the basement shot this photo and started to get a million ideas on photos. I guess that's what I'll have to do more often instead of sitting around and racking my brain. I'll just pick up my camera and take it somewhere that I think looks like a good location. In this case it was the basement over the pretty snow covered lake of north park. I guess it's just how I have been feeling lately!         I partly have the problem of procrastination under high amounts of stress.  
I am so glad the boyfriend helps me out. He helps me focus the camera by being the subject then holds my coat or cleans off goose poop from my hands... haha. The first shoot had lots of goose poop on the location and of course- I am the one to put my hands in it...
 Here is a quick before and after
 and us having some fun
 and me putting Brian to work...
 He's very loved...
 as you can see by my face, I was not happy with this shoot....
It just didn't feel right. I guess I'm sick of shooting outside in the cold and YES I WAS FREEZING DURING IT! I was really bummed because I felt like it was total waste and then I decided to shoot indoors and in the basement so I guess it was meant to be!
and this is how I got goose poop on my hands, picking up my fake feathers- North Park is great if you don't mind stepping in poo everywhere you go. I mean everywhere- One even wandered into one of my photos!!!!!!!!!!!! 
damn geese. 


     Anyways, I'm really nervous about getting all my Christmas stuff together- I am making all my gifts this year which was not a good idea with the gallery coming and me having a creative block...
but- it is what it is and I'm determined to get it all done! I really hope to clean up the apartment tomorrow and get out some Christmas decorations and put my to-do list aside for a day.  I want to spend time with Brian and Chance, drink some hot coco or lots of coffee and decorate! 
     I'm so lucky that my Mom and Dad were so willing to watch the doggie this weekend to let me have some space around the apartment. They are the best! Tho, I do miss him around and my Mom doesn't want to give him back.  If she had it her way, she'd keep him!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
The gallery will be January 11th we are just trying to decide on a time for the opening! Please check back for updates! 
<3Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment